- Being your own Boss – that’s until your characters start telling you what to do that is!
- Staring off into the middle distance for long periods of time to think and imagine – I’m working, I’m working!
- Treating yourself every now again to snazzy notebooks – well it is for work and you should carry one with you at all times…
- Browsing bookshops for ideas and inspiration.
- Sitting in a Cafe with a large latte and your notebooks – I’m working, I’m working!
- Doing something you love and getting paid for it – ok, it might not be squillions but we live to write, not write to live eh folks?!
- Reading is research – I’m working, I’m working!
- Hearing from readers that they enjoy your work****** This makes writers everywhere sigh dreamily!
In other words, being a Writer is the best job in the world. It’s tough, it’s hard work and it requires commitment and dedication – but we wouldn’t want to do anything else
14 August 2014.