We all have days when we struggle with our writing.
Perhaps we feel that inspiration is missing or that our creative mojo has taken a bit of a knock.
Well, here are just a few of the gems of advice I’ve picked up from other authors – they help me, so hopefully they will inspire you too!
- Published writers are unpublished writers who never gave up.
- You can’t be a good writer if you’re not an avid reader.
- Write the sort of book you would want to read – chances are other people will want to read it too!
- If you love writing your book, people will love reading it!
- You can’t edit a blank page.
- Read every day, even if it’s just a few pages.
- Write every day, even if it’s just a few hundred words – they’ll soon mount up.
- Buy gorgeous notebooks – you’ll be more inclined to fill them with your stories.
- Concentrate on getting your first draft down – then you can polish and edit.
- If you’re struggling with Writer’s Block, go and read something inspiring or go for a walk.
These are just some of the pieces of advice I turn to when I’m having a tough day with writing. They seem to help!
Good Luck and remember – Never Give Up!